JETBeam PA40 4XAA Carbon Fibre LED torch
185g, 680 lumens: The JETBeam PA40 is a unique carbon fiber reinforced AA based flashlight. Powered by a state-of-the-art Cree XM-L2 LED, the PA40 features 4 modes of brightness, memory function, battery indicator light and outputs a huge 680 lumens. Updated XM-L2 version with 680 lumens (not shown in pictures).
Running on 4 conventional AA batteries and sporting a rugged lightweight design, the PA40 makes the perfect duty, camping, hiking and general purpose torch.
A power indicator in the rear of the light indicates remaining power of batteries visually. The carbon fiber reinforced composite body features lightweight, high strength, impact resistance, with an anti slip and a secure hold. All of these features make the PA40 ideal for outdoor activity.
- Flat, ergonomic design offers a secure and comfortable grip
- Carbon fiber reinforced composite body
- Battery indicator show remaining power
- Optimized heatsink module for better heat dissipation
- Toughened ultra-clear mineral glass with anti-reflective coating
- Aero-grade aluminum bezel
- HAIII military grade hard-anodized finish
- Impact resistant to 1.5 meters
- Waterproof in accordance with IPX-8 standards
- Included accessories: lanyard, spare tailcap, and spare O-rings
- LED: CREE XM-L2
- Battery: 4 x AA (Batteries NOT included)
- Output mode/Runtime:
- High: 680 lumens / 1.5hrs
- Mid: 220 lumens / 6hrs
- Low: 50 lumens / 27hrs
- Low: 2 lumens / 150hrs
- Strobe: 680 lumens
- Peak Beam Intensity: 16000cd
- Max Beam Distance: 250 meters
- Length: 183mm
- Bezel Diameter: 40mm
- Body Diameter: 40mm
- Weight: 185g (excluding batteries)
The current version of the PA40 ships in a cardboard box, and does not include a holster.
The 4xAA market has been rather underserved until recently, with relatively few good quality options in this size. I'm happy to report that the PA40 is probably the best quality composite body I've seen yet. The PA40 has excellent performance and good features all around, including an innovative battery life indicator.