ThruNite Neutron 2A V2 800 lumen 2XAA LED torch
73g, 800 Lumens: ThruNite have done something special with this torch. 480 lumens from a NiMH AA battery was unheard of before this model. The Neutron 2A V2 can also use 2 X NiMH AAs with the included extension tube and output and amazing 800 lumens from two rechargeable AA batteries. Turbo modes not recommended using alkaline AAs.
ThruNite Neutron 2A V2: one of the brightest AA or 2 AA torches in the world when using good quality NiMH rechargeable batteries.
Features and Specifications:
- Working Voltage: 0.9 - 5V
- LED: CREE XM-L2 U2 CW
1x AA (NIMH 2400MAH)
- Turbo : 480 lumens /80 minutes
- High: 230 lumens / 90 minutes
- Mid: 70 lumens / 3 hrs
- Low: 11 lumens / 72 hrs
- Moonlight: 0.04 lumens/33 days
2x AA(NIMH 2400MAH)
- Turbo: 800 lumens /200 minutes
- High: 230 lumens / 215 minutes
- Mid: 70 lumens / 7 hrs
- Low: 11 lumens / 7 days
- Moonlight: 0.04 lumens/68 days
- Peak Beam Intensity: 8540cd
- Max beam distance: 185m
- Length: 146.5mm
- Diameter: 25.4 mm
- Weight: 73g (excluding battery)
- 1 x Neutron2A v2 Flashlight with extension tube
- 1 x User manual
- 1 x Holster
- 1 x pocket clip
- 2 x Spare O-ring
There are five brightness levels: low, middle and high.
These levels can be memorized when the light turned off; two special modes: Firefly and Turbo mode can be activated as below:
1) When torch is off, single click will turn on, quick double clicking will get turbo mode, while long press enables Firefly mode.
2) When torch is on, long press cycles through low, middle and high mode.
Please Note: 2 x 14500 Batteries Can Not Be Used in Neutron 2A v2.
The 2A is a real standout for me - I still can't believe how much brighter it is on 1xAA compared to other lights (including when run on plain old alkalines). Circuit-wise, this is definitely an impressive accomplishment in the AA battery class. ------Selfbuilt
LINK to full review